Who am I?
Dr. Ricky Fernandez is a Burnout coach and Doctor of Physical Therapy who believes that nannies deserve tools to help them cope with the stress of being caregivers. I learned the hard way that burnout lies around the corner for any employee who lacks the safeguards to protect their energy and mental health. Now I’m committed to helping nannies ditch their chronic stress, implement effective boundaries, and practice in a way to works for them, not against them.
Common nanny struggles
Nannies typically face a number of job stressors that can impact your ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
As a nanny, you might be struggling with...
- Long and irregular hours
- Exhaustion and lack of personal time for yourself
- Demanding and high-pressure work environments
- Feeling undervalued or underappreciated for your efforts
- Lacking clear boundaries between work and personal life
Left unchecked, these stressors can lead to burnout.
What is burnout?
Burnout is a syndrome caused by chronic work and/or life stress that has not been successfully managed. Burnout is not your run-of-the-mill fatigue that's relieved with a good night of sleep or a weekend off. Burnout looks like:
- Emotional exhaustion that doesn't go away with a good night of sleep
- Disinterest for your work
- Poor work performance or reduced confidence in abilities
- Headaches, GI problems, insomnia, brain fog, irritabiliity
What can a burnout coach help you with?
A burnout coach helps you alleviate and prevent burnout by identifying your unique stressors and giving you tools to manage chronic stress.
Common Stressors Leading To Burnout Lack of:
- Boundaries, control, reward, fairness, or values alignment with job
- High workload Inconsistent self-care routine
- Perfectionism, type-A personality, people pleasing tendencies
Working with Ricky can help you:
- Establish clear and healthy boundaries between work and your personal life
- Communicate effectively with employers about your needs and concerns
- Develop coping strategies for managing stress and maintaining your emotional well-being
- Create a self-care routine that helps you de-stress from work and pursue personal interests outside of work.
Each client receives direct coaching support and accountability via coaching calls, digital support, and client check-ins.
Looking for more 1-on-1 support? Head to this link and fillout a coaching application!
If you just want to learn more about burnout coaching, head to my Instagram @ricky_theburnoutcoach